PLEASANTVILLE, N.Y. -- The Jacob Burns Center has a full schedule of screenings and events planned for June.
A rundown of all events is below.
Jazz Sessions: The Greats on Camera – through Thursday, June 4:
- "Afro-Cuban Jazz and Beyond" will feature live music by the Ignacio Berroa Quintet on Thursday, June 4.
The Meditative Life – Wednesday, June 3, through Monday, June 8:
- Wednesday, June 3: "Monk with a Camera."
- Thursday, June 4: "Thomas Keating: A Rising Tide of Silence." A Q&A will feature filmmaker Peter C. Jones and JBFC programming director Brian Ackerman.
- Friday, June 5: "The Song of the New Earth: Tom Kenyon and the Power of Sound."
- Saturday, June 6: "Manakamana."
- Sunday, June 7: "Awake: The Life of Yogananda."
- Monday, June 8: "Death by Shorts" with Brian Ackerma.
Deadly SINema – Tuesday, June 23, through Monday, June 29
- Tuesday, June 23: "The Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie." A Q&A will feature Jack Algiere, Four Season Farm director at Stone Barns, and artist Emilie Clark
- Wednesday, June 24: "The Garden of Earthly Delights." A Q&A will feature Livia Straus, director of the Hudson Valley Center for Contemporary Art in Peekskill
- Thursday, June 25: "Into the Woods." A Q&A will feature Hudson River Museum curator Bartholomew Bland and multimedia artist Adrien Broom
- Friday, June 26: "The Last Wave."
- Saturday, June 27: "The Gold Rush." For the family.
- Sunday, June 28: "The Tribe."
- Monday, June 29: "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers."
Tickets can be purchased in advance at www.burnsfilmcenter.org or at the box office (opens 4 p.m. weekdays and 11 a.m. weekends). For screening times and other information, visit https://www.burnsfilmcenter.org/ or call the Box Office at 914.747.5555.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.