WESTCHESTER COUNTY. N.Y. -- Laugh out loud, taste delicious food, go shopping, catch some tunes and even get Fido a bath in Westchester this weekend.
1. Pleasantville Farmer's Market from 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Saturday
Voted by Westchester Magazine readers as the Best of Westchester in 2014, this farmers market boasts 50 vendors, seven nearby parking lots and weekly programming. This week, Isra-Alien, a band that blends Greek, Balkan, Eastern-European and Jewish/Klezmer music traditions, will provide live entertainment. The free kids’ event will feature the Nemec family making "loop-de-loop butterflies." The market is located in Memorial Plaza (next to the Metro North train station).
2. Tarrytown's "Third Friday" from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. on July 18
This week's "Third Friday" at Main Street and Washington will feature music from The Slow Rollers; aerial shows at 6 p.m. and 8 p.m. from Westchester Circus Arts; a free screening of The LEGO Movie; vendors; freebies; face painting and more.
3. The National Comedy Theatre at 8 p.m. July 19 at Yonkers' Hudson River Museum Amphitheater
New York’s nationally acclaimed improvised comedy act creates an entire show on the spot with your suggestions. Fast moving and hilarious, "it’s bound to be the most fun you’ll have sitting down." Doors open at 7:30 p.m., the free program starts at 8 p.m. at the amphitheater on JFK Memorial Drive.
4. The New Rochelle Humane Society's 14th Annual Dog Wash from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Sunday
At this fundraiser at 70 Portman Road, Fido can get star treatment with a dog wash, nail clipping and microchipping. Many vendors also will be on hand, including dog trainers, groomers, walkers, veterinarians, photographers to snap a family portrait, and even a "paw reader." Admission is free. Dog washes will cost a suggested donation of $20 - $40; nail clipping will cost $10, microchipping will cost $40; and family portraits will cost $15.
5. The Village of Ossining's Summer Concert Series at 7 p.m. on Friday
Catch a free outdoor musical performance by Breakfast for the Boys at 160 Westerly Road. Additional performers include Roger LaRochelle, Sam Smith, Lukas Brenard, and Damien Jackson. Concertgoers are encouraged to bring seating and bring along their picnic baskets.
I'm sure we missed some great events. Let us know where you'll be heading and why in the comments below. Want to see your event here?
- 1 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To Pleasantville
- 2 Two Medical Marijuana Licenses Granted In Westchester
- 3 10 License Violators In Westchester Fined By State Liquor Authority
- 4 Hillary Clinton Gets Health OK From Mount Kisco Medical Group Physician
- 5 Actor/Director Charged With Possession Of Child Porn, Westchester DA Says