PLEASANTVILLE, N.Y. -- Pleasantville Community Synagogue will host Pajama Shabbat for families to celebrate Shabbat from 6-8:30 p.m. Friday, April 25.
Rabbi Mark Sameth, who last year was named one of the 36 most inspiring rabbis in America by The Jewish Daily Forward, will lead the service. A dinner will follow the service, which is free and open to the public. Synagogue members and nonmembers are welcome.
“Pajama Shabbat has been a big hit with families,” says Sameth. “The idea is really simple. We invite parents to bring their little ones in their pajamas for a 6 p.m. story time and singalong.
"We have dinner at 6:15 p.m. Following the dinner, there’s a family service featuring the PCS house band The Pleasmatics at 7:15 p.m. and a refreshment hour at 8:30 p.m.”
Pleasantville Community Synagogue is celebrating its 17th year and describes itself as a “progressive” community that actively welcomes interfaith, multiracial, and LGBTQ families.
Synagogue members come from 20 towns, villages and cities across Westchester.
The synagogue is at 219 Bedford Road, Pleasantville, with parking on Clark Street.
- 1 Drowning Victim, 22, ID'd; Stepson Of Schools Superintendent
- 2 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 3 Emergency Responders Rescue Injured Hiker Near Bear Mountain Bridge
- 4 Severe Storms Could Cause Flooding In Pleasantville
- 5 Three Hospitalized After Serious I-87 Crash Involving Tractor-Trailer, Car