PLEASANTVILLE, N.Y. – The Pleasantville Chamber of Commerce has presented a handful of local people and organizations with 2016 Chamber Appreciation Awards, according to a statement from the Chamber.
The awards are presented annually to those people and groups who have made substantial contributions to the village, according to the Chamber.
This year’s winners, who were announced on Sept. 23, will be honored during a reception on Wednesday, Oct. 19, at the Crabtree Kittle House, 11 Kittle Road, Chappaqua. They include:
- The Pleasantville Volunteer Ambulance Corps (PVAC) , a group of volunteers who are committed to providing the communities of Pleasantville and Thornwood with the highest level of basic life support care available.
- The Department of Public Works (DPW) , which is responsible for maintaining the village's infrastructure, including pavement, curbs, sidewalks, street lighting, street trees, sanitary sewers, water mains and hydrants, storm drains, signs, parking lots, public buildings and parkland.
- The Pleasantville Volunteer Fire Department , a group of volunteers who have been serving the community for over 120 years.
- The village of Pleasantville Police Department , a full-time police agency with a staff of sworn police officers who provide law enforcement services within the village of Pleasantville.
- Carlos Bernard , who has been the president of Sir Speedy in Pleasantville for 26 years. Bernard is committed to the community and has volunteered to serve in a number of different leadership roles.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.