PLEASANTVILLE, N.Y. -- Argentina’s Nagmén Choir is coming to Pleasantville on Saturday, Jan. 18.
The choir will perform at 7 p.m. at the Presbyterian Church of Pleasantville. Argentina’s Nagmén Choir is one of the world’s premier versatile choirs. The choir is in the U.S. at the invitation of Carnegie Hall to participate in a Karl Jenkins festival, and will also be performing at Lincoln Center. The concert will include excerpts from Jenkins’ “Stabat Mater“ as well as Argentine folk music.
"Due to a friendship with Pastor Egensteiner at Emanuel Lutheran Church and also a member of Pleasantville Presbyterian Church, they have agreed to come up to Pleasantville to perform," representatives said. "Conducted by Dr. Pablo Di Mario, Nagmén has performed a vast repertoire, including everything from renaissance to contemporary a cappella and orchestral accompaniment."
The concert is free and open to the public and is a rare opportunity for Westchester residents, said Michael Brittenback, Minister of Music at Emanuel Lutheran Church.
“It is rare that this part of Westchester County gets a chance to hear one of the preeminent choral groups in the world,” said Brittenback.
The Presbyterian Church is located at 400 Bedford Road in Pleasantville. Emanuel Evangelical Lutheran Church is located at 197 Manville Road in Pleasantville.
- 1 Pleasantville's Mara Solow Interiors Selected As Finalist For Design Awards
- 2 Body Of Missing Greenburgh 4-Year-Old Is Found In Pond
- 3 Volunteers Lend Helping Hand At Westchester Community Christmas Dinner
- 4 Ring In The New Year At These Northern Westchester Restaurants
- 5 Westchester Residents Are Excited About Release Of 'The Interview'